[support] Custom menu theming

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:28:51 UTC 2007

Jean Gazis wrote:
> How do I figure out which of the style sheets I need to modify for any
> given element and in what order they are applied? My theme (aberdeen)
> has several and some elements have bits of css on more than one style
> sheet. I made changes in one place and they don't always seem to "take."

To dissect CSS, try this: http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/
for FireFox. You can examine elements in detail and edit CSS in real
time to see the effects.

> Should I need to modify the system.css and others or just the style.css?
> Will it cause problems if I modify the system.css or others?

Yes, I wouldn't modify any system files. Try to just add CSS rules more
specific than the system ones and then yours will take precedence.

Fred