[support] reinstall a module?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 19 22:39:23 UTC 2007

Quoting sander-martijn <sander at sander-martijn.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with a module that was working before.  It's with
> the location module and there's an sql error suddenly.  As far as I know
> nothing was changed.  I was thinking that a good first start would be to
> reinstall the module and see if that fixes it, since the module worked
> in the beginning.  Is there a way for me to do that without deleting the
> data that's already been mentioned?  Can I just trigger the install
> function in some way?  If I disable and/or delete the module will it
> delete the relevant data already entered?  Pardon me if this is
> something that's different per module, I'm hoping there's a standard
> answer, or that someone has specific experience with this module and
> this problem.

It is dependent on the module as to how good the uninstall is.  If you
deactivate the module and then go to the Uninstall form do you see
actions for the module?  If not then you'll need to look at the
database.  Probably variables, system, cache_*; but maybe others will
contain references.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/