[support] multi user blog

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 20 12:02:19 UTC 2007

Quoting Armin Medosch <armin at easynet.co.uk>:

>> I saw CCK mentioned but you can also use taxonomy (category) for this.
>> Create a vocabulary container of publication-id (single entry) and
>> another of author (multiple entry).  Create a content type journal and
>> associate the two vocabulary containers.
>
> I have done that now but of course that has no effect on the original
> author field. In the newly created author category I can list author
> names which I have previousloy added to the vocabulary. unfortunately it
> does not let me select multiple authors although I have checked that
> option in the taxonomy settings. And, once this works, how do I get this
> to become listed as the author field in the output of the finished
> 'article' (content type which I have created).

Did you make sure ``Multiple select'' checkbox as well as the
``Multiple'' radio button were checked?  You may also want the ``Free
tagging'' checkbox as well which provides a one line entry for the
terms separated by a comma.  The display is controlled by the
node.tpl.php file of the chosen theme.

> Maybe I need to go into CCK and Views in the end? sorry to bother
> everyone with such simple questions

Perhaps.  I've not studied them well enough to comment on them other
than to notice that others swear by these.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/