[support] Contact Form

sander-martijn sander at sander-martijn.com
Thu Sep 20 22:37:20 UTC 2007

I can tell you I've built an invoicing system in java which isn't far
off from a time tracking system.  I can also tell you it's not as simple
as it seems.  You're going to have to add time, which is more
complicated than adding normal numbers since it's base 60 rather than
base 10 (except when you're dealing with days which roll over at 24).
Things get a bit simpler when dealing with timestamps but you still have
to convert everything back and forth between human and system readable
formats - in both directions.  Then if you want to calculate it by, say,
an hourly rate you're going to have to convert 6:40 into 6.666666 etc
and multiply that by the rate - watch out for floating point exceptions
(wait - how does php handle stuff like that again?)!  oh, the fun
begins.  It took me a long time to end up with a fairly bug free
system... just to give you an idea.  good luck
.sander

Chris McCreery wrote:
> Thanks Fred you wouldn't happen to know those custom lines of code
> would you? :)
>
> On 9/18/07, *Fred Jones* < fredthejonester at gmail.com
> <mailto:fredthejonester at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Chris McCreery wrote:
>     > Thanks bill what I'm trying to do is build a small time tracking
>     site.
>     > So users enter in their hours and then I want to build a
>     view(report)
>     > that totals the time for each taxonomy item. So would that work
>     for the
>     > views to use that module?
>
>     I am no expert, but I do believe this would require a bit of custom
>     coding. Just a few lines however.
>
>     Fred
>     --
>     [ Drupal support list | http://lists.drupal.org/ ]