[support] "Allowed memory size ....exhausted......"

Cog Rusty cog.rusty at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:39:00 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Raf Raf <rafyven at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> I am sorry if I insist with this problem.
> I have this problem since  days when I try to add some fron a content type
> who uses cck, views and pathauto :
> "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 4104 bytes) in
> /var/www/drupal/modules/link/link.module on line 574"
>
> then I do what the post http://drupal.org/node/76156 tells to do :
> I increased at 30mb the limit in the 3 files
> php.ini
> sites/default/settings.php
> .htaccess file in the Drupal root
> ( in .htaccess    :
> # PHP 5, Apache 1 and 2.
> <IfModule mod_php5.c>...php_value memory_limit 30M...</IfModule>)
>
> I've checked also with the phpinfo, it's ok :
> memory_limit     local value : 30M              master value : 30M

It is strange where the error message finds the "Allowed memory size
of 12582912 bytes exhausted". This number (12M) must be coming from
somewhere, it can't be random.

Did you ran phpinfo inside Drupal's directory? Try using the
systeminfo module (http://drupal.org/project/systeminfo) to make sure
that phpinfo gives you what Drupal really gets. For example an
external phpinfo won't tell you about a setting in drupal's
setting.php file.

Just in case, remove the memory limit setting from everywhere and put
it only in one place, so that you can see clearly where it comes from
and where it applies.