[support] Complex/Compound views

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:45:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a situation where I have a set of nodes (lets call them
products) with a families (in tree organization) taxonomy associated
to them:

Node Type: product (Apple)
Taxonomy Vocabulary: Family (Fruits)

I've already made a module where I list these nodes with some
customization. The nodes list, shows me all products and families
within the same "family":

1. If I go to the main "catalog" page I have all first level families
and first-level products shown
2. If I go to a page "catalog/<tid>" I have all direct families of
<tid> and all its products.

Now, and because I'm reducing code size and wanting more flexibility,
I want to trash my code and change it for a "Views way of doing
things".

I've already made a view to list all products, and it is easy to pass
arguments (even though I still did not use them). But the question is:
How can I make a view of two different sources (nodes and taxonomy),
filter and order them as I explained above?

Or it's better forget this, I continue use my code, despite the lack
of flexibility?

Regards,
  Fernando Silva