[support] RE : Re: RE : Re: "Allowed memory size ....exhausted......"

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Sep 27 13:11:13 UTC 2007

> in the phpinfo, it's ok
>
> memory_limit     local value : 30M              master value : 30M

So you're saying that the error now claims that you're exceeding 30M?

This is pretty crazy.  I can't imagine that Drupal should be using that
much memory under any conditions.

Somewhere down in this tangled maze of an email, you said
"I have this big bug when I add content from a content wich I created"

Does that mean you added PHP code to Drupal?  If that's the case, it's
quite possible that you're using very wasteful techniques with memory
in your code.

Otherwise, try bumping the limit up even further until (little bits at
a time) until the script has enough memory.

However, I can't imagine a legitimate use of Drupal that should require
more than 30M.  And if individual scripts are doing that on a regular
basis, you're going to need a LOT of memory to run this site.  You're
probably going to need to provide a lot more information to track down
the problem.

On the counter-point, however, my site is using the default of 128M,
which is obscenely excessive in my opinion, but I've never really looked
at it before, so it's possible that there's some bloated code in Drupal
that's using 50 or 60M.