[support] correct way to hide 'enter your keywords' and 'advanced search' from website.com/search

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Mon Apr 7 17:20:31 UTC 2008

This is somewhat of an issue in Drupal, and frankly you might consider
filing a bug against core for this, if one doesn't already exist. The
only way to ultimately remove that form from that page is to modify
search.module (*%^@&^!!!!)

See:
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/search_view/5
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/search_view

If you look at the bottom of those functions you'll see:

$output = drupal_get_form('search_form', NULL, $keys, $type);
$output .= $results

In other words, do not pass go, do not ask the user, do not theme this
page (except using a page template(which doesn't help)), and you get
the form no matter what.

You can however, disable the advanced portion of the search by
visiting the Access Control page under User Management in the
Administer section of your site.

-Mike

On Apr 6, 2008, at 6:46 PM, VJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What's the correct way to do this? I already have a search_box in my
> themes and don't need the extra search form. I can live with the
> search form as long as the extra text doesn't appear
>
> -v

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net
http://mikeyp.net