[support] How to translate a value entered in CCK field into something else on the page

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Tue Apr 8 08:56:07 UTC 2008

I am using the following in my node-blog.tpl.php:

and giving users the chance to float the image to the left or right. And it's working fine on my English site but now want to give the same tools to my Italian site users. I could just use "left" and "right" and explain in the help text what each of them means, but I would prefer to use the Italian words sinistra/destra and then use some conditional php to transform that into left/right on the template. Is that a complicated thing to do?

Neil