[support] How to move a Drupal site below the domainroot

Joe Murray joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz
Wed Apr 9 14:37:09 UTC 2008

I have issues getting file attachments as well as images and absolute links
to work properly when moving a Drupal site. It appears that system/file is
stored with settings property per node in the database, rather than replaced
when node is being displayed. After looking through the forums I wasn't able
to find any postings about how to fix this issue. I believe this is only a
problem when using Drupal's private downloads, rather than the public
downloads setting.

This would be a very useful addition to documentation if someone could
figure out how to move a site.