[support] Passing a whole PathAuto category path into a View URL

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sat Apr 12 16:40:15 UTC 2008

This is quite a complicated one.

I have a Vocabulary, "Location". It is 4 levels deep. (country > state > county > town). I have attached it to three content types: page, story, blog.

I have used PathAuto on the category paths to dynamically alter the URLs to this pattern:

article/[catpath-raw], which gives me URLs such as:

article/united-states/texas/kent-county/jayton

I attached one each of the Page, Story and Blog content types to this town and I go there and get a listing of 3 nodes. Perfect.

Now, what I want to do is to create a View to be able to go to:

article/united-states/texas/kent-county/jayton/blog to see ONLY the blog entries
article/united-states/texas/kent-county/jayton/page to see ONLY the page entries, and so on

ultimately, I would like to go to article/united-states/texas/kent-county/jayton/page/1 to see on UID 1's page entries for that city. But one step at a time... :-)

The problem: how do I pass all of that cat path to the Views URL?

I set up a View with first argument as "term name" and second argument as "node:type" and I set up the page URL as "article" so if I then go to article/jayton/blog, it works perfectly...However, if I go to article/united-states/texas/kent-county/jayton/blog, I get a Page Not Found as the "term name" is only passing the last part of the overall catpath (i.e. jayton) to Views, not all of it. How can I pass all the catpath into the page URL? Is it even possible to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Neil