[support] multisite

Jacob Roufa jacob.roufa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:31:10 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have a multisite setup that works great. It allows me two different sites
using one Drupal core codebase just as promised. It works better and easier
than redirecting to different domain names using Apache Virtual Hosts.
However, I have one issue with it. When I create a symbolic link, in the
sites folder, for each site (i.e. sitename linked to sitename.domain.tld) so
that I can visit it not only by sitename, I am directed to a different site
in my browser.

In my browser, when I go to http://sitename and log in, then visit
http://sitename.domain.tld I'm not logged in! But they're the same thing,
one's just a symbolic link to the other! I really am confused and wondering
if this is proper behavior because it doesn't seem like it.

Thanks!

--

Jake Roufa
Web Consultant