[support] multisite

Jacob Roufa jacob.roufa at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 20:02:14 UTC 2008

Yes, in my sites folder sitename1 is a symlink of sitename1.domain.tld and
the same for sitename2. Sitename1 and sitename2 use different databases. And
I'm assuming that because sitename1 is just an alias for
sitename1.domain.tld they use the same database, and the same with sitename2
and its host sitename2.domain.tld. I hope this is clear. I set up multisite
according to the guides on d.o.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>
wrote:

> Quoting Jacob Roufa <jacob.roufa at gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a multisite setup that works great. It allows me two different
> sites
> > using one Drupal core codebase just as promised. It works better and
> easier
> > than redirecting to different domain names using Apache Virtual Hosts.
> > However, I have one issue with it. When I create a symbolic link, in the
> > sites folder, for each site (i.e. sitename linked to
> sitename.domain.tld) so
> > that I can visit it not only by sitename, I am directed to a different
> site
> > in my browser.
> >
> > In my browser, when I go to http://sitename and log in, then visit
> > http://sitename.domain.tld I'm not logged in! But they're the same
> thing,
> > one's just a symbolic link to the other! I really am confused and
> wondering
> > if this is proper behavior because it doesn't seem like it.
> >

> Maybe because you don't have your virtual site setup properly.  Is
> http://sitename an alias of http://sitename.domain.tld?  Are you using
> the exact same database tables or different database tables for your
> multiple sites?
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
> -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

Jake Roufa