[support] Custom Views and Advanced Calendar Features

Geoff Deering geoff at deering.id.au
Sun Apr 20 03:21:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

A few newbie questions.

Can Drupal 5 or 6 be set up so that users can manage their own custom
views?  For instance, if I have a site about fruit, and put all fruit
into a fruit category (taxonomy I guess), can different users set up
their own views so that if they are logged in they only see the fruit
they want to see?  ie if there are five fruit; 1) Apples 2) Bananas 3)
Blueberries 4) Oranges 5) Bitter Melon... you only subscribe to 1,2,3 &4
so you hide any posts on 5?

It seems to me there is no module or functionality to provide calendar
events based on demographics.  Is this so?

Thanks
Geoff