[support] Having two versions ("last published" and "next release draft") of same content

Gabe Ormsby gabeo at bitstream.net
Wed Apr 23 02:50:24 UTC 2008

Daniel,

I would think that with the right permissions, this would be possible
"out of the box"...

Assume a given node is created and published in Version A.

A content author could edit that node, then under "Publishing options"
on the edit screen, turn off "Published" and turn ON "Create new
revision," thus creating Version B.

If authenticated users are granted "edit <content type> content" for
your given content type and were granted "view revisions" rights, then
they would be able to browse revisions, both published and unpublished,
to any given node of your custom type, and edit them. Thus, an
authenticated user could do further revisions to Revision B and/or make
that node "published."

The more elaborate system outlined in your PS is beyond my feeble
powers, but I think the approach above will get you started. Let me know
if you need more specific guidance - I'm just glancing over my setup to
see how to go about it, but haven't actually tried it yet.

-Gabe

--
Gabe Ormsby

home 612/872-7283