[support] issue with forums and my template

Brett Evanson brettev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:43:20 UTC 2008

you can't add it to your page.tpl file because it isn't aware of $node. if
you are using pathauto and making all forum topics have a specific prefix,
you could filter on that prefix, but that would be in the block visibility
still. If you want to do it in the page.tpl file, you could do something
like this:

$thenode = node_load(arg(1));
if($thenode->type != 'forum'){
//print sidebar
}

but that is going to cause an extra node to load on the server. not a big
deal on small sites, but if it gets big, you're going to want to do it
another way.

Brett

Brett Evanson