[support] moving site from Drupal 6 to 5 (reverse upgrade)

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 15:08:25 UTC 2008

I have a site (www.kidsplaytunes.org) that was recently set up, just after
we installed D6, so I set it up in 6. But given that some important modules
are not yet available for 6, I was thinking of moving it back to 5. How hard
would it be to do that? The main (CCK & Views) mods for 6 are due out in
beta any day, but a) I don't know if that will be everything we'll need, and
b) that means using beta mods on a production site.

KPT is currently not using any contrib mods at all, so the only
customization is the CSS, and the content is pretty minimal.

My sysadmin says "we could try to go back, but I don't know how compatible
are the database structures between 5 and 6."

How advisable and or difficult would it be to do this, or am I better off
just trying to wait/work ith the D6 modules as they come out?

The first event that might generate a lot of site interest is May 13, and it
wil need to have seom community functionality by September 2008.
--
Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com

"I can't understand why people are afraid of new ideas. I'm afraid of the
old ones."
- John Cage