[support] Updating Modules [WAS: Removing Modules]

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Wed Apr 30 18:14:03 UTC 2008

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Quoting Brian Choc <bchoc at t4tcolorado.org>:
>

>> I just noticed something a bit weird(er) that feels correlated, to me.
>> The Update Status module is not acknowledging updates.  So, even though
>> I have updated to 2.2 of Pathauto, for instance, it is still telling me
>> I am running the previous version and that I need to update to 2.2.
>>
>> Before I start yanking things out of the DB by hand, I thought I'd ask
>> if anyone else has faced anything similar or has ideas?  Changes in
>> removals of modules are simply not registering.
>>

> What does "SELECT system.schema_version FROM system WHERE name =
> 'pathauto';" return?  Looking at the difference of pathauto.install
> from CVS it appears to not be in line with the documented usage of
> hook_install[1] and hook_update_N[2].  Open a support or bug request as
> appropriate with pathauto[3].
>
> [1] http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_install/5 [2]
> http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_update_N/5
> [3] http://drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/pathauto
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
> -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

I'm happy to return this value, if you think it will help.  That query
returns scheme_version of 6.

That said, Pathauto was meant only, really, as an example; apologies if
I did not make that clear enough.  For another, I just this morning
updated the Token module to 1.11, and Status Update still reports it as
1.10.

Brian