[support] Front page showing up where it shouldn't.

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Mon Dec 1 20:25:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been putting together a drupal site, and have got it pretty much
working, but I've decided to add an Ubercart store to it, and the images
aren't working.

I've got all the appropriate modules installed (and have used the old
versions that are listed in the documentation just to make sure that I
wasn't choking on some sort of version incompatibility), and when I go
to upload an image for a product, completion of the upload produced a
PHP error popping up in a dialog box.

The text of the error is exactly the HTML source of the front page of
the website.

On top of this, I get a little grey rectangle where the image should be
when I look at the product, and attempts to open the "image" in a new
tab, or copy the location and download it (e.g. with wget) simply
produce the front page (or a copy of it).

All that said, the file does seem to have uploaded, since I can find it
in the files/ sudirectory of my drupal directory when logged into the
server (and downloading that file with scp shows me that it's actually
the image, and not a copy of the front page).

There are no entries in the webserver logs relating to any attempt to
get this file (attempts to get it just seem to get logged as successful
attempts to get "/"), and Clean URLs are enabled.

Possibly (but not likely) relevant is that when I was originally putting
the site together at http://test.domain.com/ , quite a few queries got
redirected to the appropriate page on www.domain.com. This problem went
away when the site was finished, and got moved onto www.domain.com to
replace the old site, but not the sort of finished that leaves me
feeling very comfortable.

Also, I don't know if this is normal behaviour, or if it's buggy (and
possibly connected to my main problem again), but when I make changes to
the site, I tend to get dropped onto the front page instead of where I
might logically expect to end up (e.g. when I submit changes to a node,
I'd expect the page I see after pressing the "Submit" button to either
be the node in question, or some sort of success message, or perhaps the
node being edited with the success message bolted to the top).

Anyhow, I'm hoping that someone here knows what's going on here and can
suggest a fix.

Thanks,
Kris

--