[support] getting rid of "soandso's picture" text

Dale McGladdery torelad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:53:03 UTC 2008

Take a look at theme_user_picture
(http://api.drupal.org/api/function/theme_user_picture/5).

Overriding it may be your answer. Changing it will change the way the
user picture is output everywhere on your site, it may not be exactly
what you need.

Another potential strategy is doing something like as follows
(warning, I haven't thought this completely through and I haven't used
Zen):
In the Zen template preprocessor function, put in something like this:
  global $user:
  if ($user->picture) {
    $vars['width-css-class'] = 'has-picture';
  }
  else {
    $vars['width-css-class'] = 'no-picture';
    $vars['picture'] = '';  // This is example and might not be the
correct value for the picture
  }

The in your template.php you can do something like:
<?php if ($picture): ?>
<?php endif; ?>
   The content stuff