[support] Redirect with .htaccess not working

Joseph mangg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 16:45:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I have used Drupal for over a year and a half. Sometime around last
year I moved to "clean urls" and then I deleted a page /?q=node/1 I
have been trying to set up a .htaccess file to redirect this page and I
can't seem to do it like this:

RewriteRule ^/?q=node/1$ http://www.example.com/node/34 [R=301,L]

Other than the redirect above and a few others my .htaccess is the same as the default.  It doesn't work and I don't quit know enough about .htaccess to solve it.   Any idea of what I am doing wrong?  Should this be done another way?  Links or suggestions are appreciated. =)

Thanks,