[support] security and upgrading Re: Drupal 5-13 - warning: Wrong parameter count for session_set_cookie_params() in session.inc on line 102.

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Dec 11 14:46:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:05:15 -0500
"Shai Gluskin" <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:

> I always wait 48 hours before installing a new version of core.

I just read people are still using Drupal 5.X where X<10 and I was
wondering why being drupal so popular they don't get pwned by bots.

I'll have to look at previous sec advisories and build up some
signatures to see if anyone is actually targeting Drupal with bots.

I generally upgrade ASAP.

I find a bit annoying (but maybe someone can suggest how to overcome
this) that the packaging system modify a lot of files just to add
version info, so that it is a bit annoying to examine the diff.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it