[support] Rounded corners view and framing the image

simone-www.io-lab.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:47:08 UTC 2008

hi
i forgot to mention that i use view 2 in D6 and there isn t a theme
wizard (not that i am aware of)
Anyway i figure out by myself:
i have created a views-view-fields--myview.tpl.php file in the theme
directory the content for this file was found under
"theme:information" in the view settings.
I ve wrapped the whole code with a div and given it a class, i have
then added a top div and a bottom div, with a class for each as well.
Then in my style.css i had to do a bit of playing around with
bottom/top even/odd classes and i got the result i wanted, this was my
real first module/theming override and that i got the trick ithink
there will be some more...
In my case I have a fixed width for my views so i don t really need it
but i see how adding div s like right/left bottom/top corners with
top/bottom bars you could make a flexible rounded corner box.
I hope this thread can help somebody else and that somebody will
confirm that i ve used the proper way to hack my view.
thanks
Simone

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Nicolas Borda <forums at ipwa.net> wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2008, at 14:53, simone-www.io-lab.org wrote:
>
> Hi
> i d like to styel my views rows with some rounded corners style, as
> far as i understand i need to add a top and a bottom div. so i can use
> a background then fill the row with a color. I am then trying to
> figure out which template files inside the view module to override. I
> think all i have to do is to isolate the necessary template and make a
> copy of it in my root folder then start working there.
> So my question is: which one is the file i need to work with? Any hint?
>
> Use the Views theming wizard, that will make a function for your
> template.php and the contents of a template for your view with
> the fields printed out.
> --
> Nicolas
> http://nic.ipwa.net/

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed....