[support] how to browse files and folders?

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Mon Dec 15 14:12:03 UTC 2008

Hi,
I don't know if this is a drupal problem or something regarding apache settings.
I'd like to have a folder where users can download files, go to other subfolder, but not delete, modify or create files.
This feature is often given by apache itself, I believe.
But, if I go to www.mysite.com/files/
I obtained a page not found, given by drupal.
files is the folder that contain all my files, and this is the path that drupal uses for public method.
If I write into my browser a correct filename, I can download it without problem, but if I put only te folder, instead of having the index I have the page not found error.
Any suggestions?
Bye and thanks.

--
Simone Dal Maso.