[support] Views2 - filter by "user ref field" = "current logged user"

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Tue Dec 16 07:37:38 UTC 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: KOBA | Hans Rossel <hans.rossel at koba.be>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:36:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [support] Views2 - filter by "user ref field" = "current
logged user"
To: support at drupal.org

As nobody on the list seems to know the answer, I would suggest you to check
out Views relationships. I haven't played much with Views2 relationships
myself at this time, so I cannot provide you a straight answer, but I think
you have to check in that direction; see also http://drupal.org/node/274909
for a similar issue which could be solved that way.
Anyway if you find it or anybody else knows I would be interested too in the
solution.

Hans

2008/12/4 geniekids <ratadi2 at gmail.com>

> Hi I am not sure i understood your guidelines or you understood my
> requirement.
>
> Davide Michel  wrote:
> > User: Current
> > Filter the view to the currently logged in user.
>
> This setting is supposed to show the nodes created by the user (which is
> not
> my case).
> The user is NOT creating any nodes.
> This CCK node has one field where somebody is entering one of the user name
>
> Let e explain the scenario. we are a school. so the teacher goes into this
> cck called kids_observations.
> She chooses the Kids_name (from a list of users) and enters her observation
> about that kids.
> She does it for all the kids in her class.
>
> The kid (as a user) is now supposed to log in - and i want the view to
> automatically FILTER the observations by his or her (user) name. So the
> kids_name field should match the currently user.
>
> By using "User: Current" filter i only get the option of getting nodes
> created by that user.
> How do i match a user referenced field (in CCK) to match with currently
> logged in user_name
>
> i used to get this option in drupal5 with views1
> can;t locate in Views2
> pl help
>
> ratnesh
>

> Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli wrote:
> >
> > geniekids ha scritto:
> >> I have a cck where one of the field is the user referenced filed (of a
> >> particular role) - the filed name is kids_name
> >>
> >> In D5 i had a view where the filter was set to
> >> kids_name = is one of = "currently logged in user"
> >>
> >> This meant that when the user logged in - he or she could only see
> >> records
> >> pertaining to him or her (as the view filtered it matching the kids_name
> >> filed with currently logged in user field)
> >>
> >> Now i am in Drupal6.6 with Views2 and i can;t find a way to do it.
> >> If in filter i select the [content] = "kids_name" - then i only get the
> >> list
> >> of names to filter by - i do not get the option of filter by currently
> >> logged in user.
> >>
> > User: Current
> > Filter the view to the currently logged in user.
> >

> > M.
> >
> > --
> > Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
> > Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
> > Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
> > Telefono: 0200619074
> > Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660
> >
> > http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
> > http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
> > http://www.ziodrupal.net                              MSN:
> michel at ziobuddalabs.it