[support] Drupal as a PHP development framework?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:06:11 UTC 2008

Without knowing what the PHP application does makes it difficult to answer.

But you might possibly be better off reverse-engineering a clear set of
features / user stories, and then the question would be, can I implement
these features using Drupal.

Drupal can serve as a CMS Application Framework, but since it is extensible,
and uses the module architecture to add more functionality to core, you will
have to write a module, which either uses Drupal functionality or else hooks
up Drupal to your via some form of integration. Both will require modules,
which simply means code running in the Drupal namespace.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar