[support] Upgrade version jumping

neil at esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sat Dec 20 11:11:33 UTC 2008

As far as I understood it:

going from 5.6 to 5.11 shouldn't cause any problems.

if you have 5.6 and you want to go to 6.3, it's best to first upgrade to
the latest 5.x version before jumping up to 6.3. Whether you also need to
install 6.0 first is a gray area. I think going 5.6 - 5.14 - 6.3 is fine
(if we consider 5.14 the latest 5 flavor, which I think it is at the
moment)

Neil