[support] Contact.module mail issue D6.8

Bryson, Tim tbryson at emory.edu
Mon Dec 29 17:46:55 UTC 2008

Newbie here so apologies in advance if this is the wrong venue to ask this.  I couldn't find a contact.module issues page.  It may be a system mail issue anyway because I also had problems with mail-related modules Mime Mail and SMTP.

When I send a test mail from the contact form on my test site, it arrives ok, i.e, with plain text message displayed in message body.  When I send from production site with same contact form config, not ok.  That is, the message arrives with nothing in the message body and with empty attachments.  Test site is a subdomain of the production site on the same server, same codebase (Drupal 6.8).

The only difference in the message headers seems to be in the content-type.

Test site message content-type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed; delsp=yes
Production site content-type: multipart/alternative; charset=utf-8; boundary="0a99274a7e9d0d3f848edc5aabb774d9"

I had possibly related problems trying to work with Mime Mail and SMTP modules....

Mime Mail could not send html emails properly to Outlook 2007 exchange.  The messages would arrive with a lot of code in the message body and the html in an attachment.  Worked ok in gmail and yahoo.

SMTP could not connect to the smtp server on bluehost.com.  Bluehost confirmed my settings were correct.

Copy/pasting same html from drupal sites to my phplist on bluehost.com and sending works perfectly.

Thanks for any assistance,
Tim

prohibited.