[support] Adding Audio area to content type with CCK

Nicolas Borda forums at ipwa.net
Tue Dec 30 19:23:02 UTC 2008

On 30 Dec 2008, at 17:15, Cherie Davis wrote:

> I have the audio module uploaded to my site and would like to be
> able to upload audio files to a specific content type. Do I need an
> additional module? The audio option does not show in the pulldown
> menu for content types when adding a new field.

I've never used the audio module, but was just going over the
documentation (http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/audio). It seems
that you get an audio content type which you can add fields to, but
there is no CCK field provided with the module. There has been some
discussion on this on the queue for the module but the thread is not
really active since last year. You can look into mediafield (http://
drupal.org/project/mediafield) for an audio CCK field.

Here are some relates links:
http://drupal.org/node/93197
http://drupal.org/node/69708

HTH