[support] Location(s) in Teaser

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Feb 1 13:54:37 UTC 2008

Ian,

Though Contemplate is great when you need it, I don't believe your situation
requires Contemplate.

First, let me make an assumption -- you have built a custom node-type with a
bunch of CCK fields added, yes?

In that case, you need to go to:

example.com/admin/content/types/<custom-content-type-name>/display

(replace "<custom-content-type-name"> with the name of the custom
content-type that you created).

On that page, all of the custom fields that you have created will show up.
Look under the column "Teaser" -- there is a drop-down menu. You select
"Hidden" for each of the fields that you don't want showing up in the
teaser.

One other scenero occurred to me, though I think it is less likely: Is the
page being created by a View in which you mistakenly selected "Full Node" in
the "Page" section of the form for the field "View Type." That would also
cause your problem. You'd have to change that selection to "Teaser" -- but
what I wrote above would still apply, you'd need to make sure that in your
under "display" fields you had set each field properly for its display value
for the teaser.

Write back and let us know if this worked.

Shai
content2zero <http://content2zero.com>