[support] Location(s) in Teaser

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Fri Feb 1 20:45:33 UTC 2008

> What happens when I make changes to the code in a module, then update it
> later?  Do my changes get over-written?  Hard to keep track of...

Yes, your changges will be overwritten and yes, it is hard to keep track
of.  The key here is to NOT make this a habit. One hack might be manageable
-- but they can start piling up...

Also, stay on top of the module developer and provide encouragement and
whatever is needed to upgrade the module so that this feature is
configurable. Then everyone benefits.

Best,

Shai

On 2/1/08, ian at corpwatch.org <ian at corpwatch.org> wrote:
> Thanks.  I did look there, but the issue is that the Location module
> inserts (without providing any options to CCK) the location into the
> content type from the module itself, so CCK can't do anything to supress
> it.  I did fix it, but its a hack.
>
> What happens when I make changes to the code in a module, then update it
> later?  Do my changes get over-written?  Hard to keep track of...
>
> --ian--
>
> Shai Gluskin wrote:
> > Can't believe gmail added a hyperlink to that faux path I included. In
> > case it confused you, here it is again:
> >
> > /admin/content/types/<custom-content-type-name> /display
> >
> > (replace "<custom-content-type-name"> with the name of the custom
> > content-type that you created).
> >
> > Shai
> >
> > On 2/1/08, Shai Gluskin <shai at content2zero.com> wrote:
> >> Ian,
> >>
> >> Though Contemplate is great when you need it, I don't believe your
situation requires Contemplate.

> >> First, let me make an assumption -- you have built a custom node-type
with a bunch of CCK fields added, yes?

> >> In that case, you need to go to:
> >>
> >> example.com/admin/content/types/<custom-content-type-name>/display
> >>
> >> (replace "<custom-content-type-name"> with the name of the custom
content-type that you created).

> >> On that page, all of the custom fields that you have created will show
up. Look under the column "Teaser" -- there is a drop-down menu. You select
"Hidden" for each of the fields that you don't want showing up in the
teaser.

> >> One other scenero occurred to me, though I think it is less likely: Is
the page being created by a View in which you mistakenly selected "Full
Node" in the "Page" section of the form for the field "View Type." That
would also cause your problem. You'd have to change that selection to
"Teaser" -- but what I wrote above would still apply, you'd need to make
sure that in your under "display" fields you had set each field properly for
its display value for the teaser.