[support] Creating Tabbed Listings Pages

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 05:37:29 UTC 2008

I'm creating a site using CiviCRM, and I've been struggling with a couple of issues in regards to controlling access to and
displaying some users listings.  I've been posting on the CiviCRM forums and have gotten some answers, but I'm still stuck, so I'm
hoping someone here might be able to help with some Drupal specific questions.

First, here's the setup.  I have a membership signup page where people can sign up with one of three different memberships (call
them A, B, and C).  I have three CiviCRM smart groups, one for each membership type.  I have a profile created for viewing each
membership type.  The issue is controlling who can see what membership types.  Those with types and A and B should be able to see
all other members, regardless of type, but those with type C should only be able to see other C members, and not those of type A
and/or B.  I'm using  the civimember_roles module to automatically associate a CiviCRM membership type with a Drupal role (I have
one for each type).

So far, what I've done is to create three different menu options, each one using the URL for the listing page for each type, and
I'm using the menu_per_role module to control access to each item depending on the role.  However, what the client would like
would be to have one page with tabs, one with a listing of members for each type.  When a user logs in, he goes to this listings
page, and he has the appropriate tabs displayed based on his role.

My question is this:  Is there a way I can do this with existing modules and/or existing functionality, or do I need to write
module code to do this?  I've written modules before with tabbed pages and search results based on defined user access
permissions, but I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

Thanks.

Steve