[support] Drupal multi blog, how ?

Walter Garcia-Fontes walter.garcia at upf.edu
Thu Feb 7 16:36:46 UTC 2008

* Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli [07/02/08 17:01]:
> example for "web" blog I can create "new content type web_blog", for
> "linux" blog I can create "new content type linux_blog",  for X blog I
> can create "new content type X_blog". Afert for each content type I can
> create a role (so web_role, linux_role, X_role) and assign to this role
> only the user can write into that content type. And, for end, set
> "create X_blog content" only for X_role.

I'm using organic groups for something similar. I only have the main
organic group module and the organic forum module. Then, I create a
content typa which is article_group with comments. So each group works
like a blog for particular users. You can set public groups where
anybody can subscribe or private groups which are not seen outside of
the group and where only the group admin can accept or make
subscriptions. It's not too difficult to set up and works like a blog,
plus you get an associated forum if you need it (otherwise it's even
simpler, because hiding group forums is harder than hiding group
contents).

Walter

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes