[support] Drupal CAS Configuration

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Thu Feb 7 19:12:54 UTC 2008

Regarding what Shawn wrote:

Is this worth a long distance phone call or chat session?   I'm at my
office now and would be happy to talk you through the configuration I'm
talking about if you'd like.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make the login test happen as
you suggest, but there are trade-offs for content creators. Any chance
you'd be willing to collaborate.  I'd be extremely interested in folding
the mod you're talking about into the cas module if we can hammer out
the details. Basically the rub for me is how to implement it in such a
way that the drupal log out button still works.   My content creators
need this to be able to see what an anonymous user sees. (and they log
in via cas)

Contact me directly (off list) if you'd like to do this.

metzlerd at metzlerd.com

Regarding your site you should be configured in the following manner:

  Use drupal as cas repository - unchecked.

  Hijack users - checked.

Go into block administration and enable the login block or enable the
cas login menu.

Then you should be able to do either cas or drupal logins.

Dave