[support] Change in paypal ecommerce behaviour?

Chris McGinlay chris at ascentsoftware.org.uk
Wed Feb 13 22:08:09 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 12 February 2008 22:35:40 Chris McGinlay wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 February 2008 06:29:53 Gordon Heydon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What has changed.
> >
> > Have you added any new charges via flexicharge, install the rolediscount
> > module.
> >
> > Enable the ec_devel module and take a look at the transaction just
> > before checkout.
> >
> > There is most likely something in the misc section.
> >
> > Gordon.
> >
> > Chris McGinlay wrote:
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > I've been running paypal payments via ecommerce for a few weeks, but
> > > all of a sudden, the final paypal checkout (on paypal itself) adds 20%
> > > to the total cost for delivery!
> > >
> > > I can't see where this is coming from. Also the usual product code
> > > information and description is gone and replaced with a transaction id.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else noticed a change in paypal behaviour with ecommerce 5.3
> > > in the last days or weeks?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Chris
>
> Thanks for reminding me about ec_devel! I am going to take a backup now and
> then enable that for a look. Nothing has changed in the site setup. I am
> using flexicharge, but haven't changed any settings there. Odd, but
> hopefully ec_devel will shed some light.
>
> Chris

Hi again,

As far as I can tell from the ec_devel output (see below) the flexicharge is
being presented correctly to paypal. However once the customer clicks
on 'Place your order', paypal's website is still showing a price 20% more
than on the 'review and submit order' screen.

For a concrete example, try adding this product to your cart, then complete
checkout as far as paypal login:
http://www.seaweedproducts.co.uk/products/feed_licks/AN023

If anyone has time to try that, you will see my problem straight away. The
order price is GBP33.68 total, paypal wants 'Total with Postage' GBP40.42

Here is the ec_devel output for the cart object:
items
Array
(
    [95] => stdClass Object
        (
            [cookie_id] => 1
            [nid] => 95
            [qty] => 1
            [changed] => 1202861545
            [data] =>
            [title] => 4kg Bag of Sea-Feed Seaweed Granular Plant Food
            [vid] => 653
            [pparent] => 0
            [sku] => CON011
            [price] => 9.99