[support] No Cookies Being Sent with 5.1

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Feb 22 04:25:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008, Luke wrote:

> Btw, the browser I am using is lynx.

Okay, now this is interesting.  I have since tried it with links2
(javascript support enabled, not that that should matter), and am able to
get to the admin page.

I get this notice: "One or more problems were detected with your Drupal
installation. Check the status report for more information."

The status report has no more information--no notices or warnings of any
kind.

So maybe this is a lynx problem?  But why then would I receive cookies
from other drupal installations?

Theory:
5.1 detects the browser as lynx, assumes that it can't handle
cookies, and reverts to session IDs passed via URL, which is no longer
supported.
Is that a possibility?  If so, changing lynx to fake the useragent would
be a way around it, although a very inconvenient one.

Luke