[support] No Cookies Being Sent with 5.1

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Feb 22 22:17:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, sander-martijn wrote:

> May I ask why you would want to use the version packaged with ubuntu,
> especially if it is old and known to have problems and it's so simple to
> download a newer version?

In a word: Dependencies.

However, since it only depends upon libgd2-xpm and php5-gd, it wouldn't be
that hard to break dep tracking in this instance.  If I had checked the
version on the site before I installed, I may have tried the non-ubuntu
version.  Frankly, Ubuntu is usually not *that* far behind in its
versions.

> Also why are you browsing with lynx?  Do you have a specific requirement
> to support lynx browsers on your site?

Yes, in fact I do.  Multiple users using text consoles, with no available
alternative.

> imho unless there's a reason you absolutely and only need to have it
> work with a standard install and with lynx, you should try using an
> updated version of drupal with a standard and modern web browser (eg
> firefox).  then at least you'll be seeing what everyone else is seeing
> before trying esoteric combinations and claiming it's drupal that isn't
> working.

1.  I can try a newer version of Drupal.
2.  I can not change to other than text based browsers--I know Firefox et
al work with it, but I must support console based operations as well.

As a side note: changing the useragent to something other than Lynx,
appears to have no effect, which would seem to blow my theory as to what
is going on.

Luke