[support] No Cookies Being Sent with 5.1

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Feb 22 22:31:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Metzler, David wrote:

> Perhaps it is related to your PHP configuration?  Could you set up
> another directory to check that out? See if you can run some php that
> sets session state?  Is that within your experience as a developer.

Yeah.

> Also I can't help bug notice you indicate a 403 forbidden error.  I
> wouldn't expect this from drupal.  Drupal's language normally indicates
> "Access Denied".  It sounds to me like you have a problem in the
> .htaccess, or apache configuration. This is an apache message not a
> drupal message that you're receiving?

Drupal message.  It was indicating "access denied" or similar, but the
HTTP code was 403.  I should have made that more clear.

> Is the apache allow overrides directive enabled for this drupal site?

Yes.

> Without seeing the error messages exactly its always hard to tell.  So
> let me know if you think I'm off base.

The impression I'm getting, is that 5.1 is buggy, that I shouldn't be
using 5.1, and if I'm going to keep using it, I must resign myself to lynx
failing.
Links is working, but I really should support lynx as well.
So I probably have to upgrade.

Luke