[support] Drupal for University use

John Callahan diodata at UDel.Edu
Sat Feb 23 01:39:40 UTC 2008

A few of you had asked to see a presentation I made here at the
University of Delaware.  UD has been researching options for a content
management system, including both open source and commercial.  My first
presentation on Drupal was very well received, and from what I hear,
Drupal is the leading contender to be selected as "the" CMS.  It is not
yet clear exactly how it will be used within UD, although they are
looking for  a solution that scales well, from small number of
users/hits and easy to deploy/maintain to more advanced enterprise
applications.   Hopefully, a decision will be made soon.

http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=ddfn435q_81dp4swzj5

The above Google doc is a presentation I made just a few days ago.  By
no means am I a Drupal or PHP expert (I hadn't heard of Drupal until 6
months ago) so the presentation could be significantly enhanced,
especially in regards to development.  However, I am one of about 5
people across campus already developing Drupal sites at UD.  Hopefully,
some of you find this presentation useful.

- John

PS - Through the above presentation, you can print the slides and save
as a PDF.  Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the
presentation.