[support] Adding to the CSS of a theme?

sander-martijn lists at severeddreams.com
Tue Feb 26 14:06:57 UTC 2008

That makes sense if you still have the parent theme selected.  The
subfolder with the style changes should now become your theme and you
will have to select that theme as your active theme in order to see
these changes.

So for example:
themes/chameleon/chameleon.theme
themes/chameleon/style.css
themes/chameleon/marvin/style.css

Chameleon is the actual fully developed theme.  But since there's a
suubdirectory marvin with a css file in it there is an additional theme
showing up in drupal called marvin.  If you select marvin as the active
theme it will use chameleon but override the styles with anything in
marvin/style.css.  But if you keep it on Chameleon then it won't read
the marvin css file at all.