[support] Mail Submit Page not Found

Brian Choc bchoc at t4tcolorado.org
Tue Feb 26 19:54:47 UTC 2008

I've run into a sort of problem with the emailing functions on our
Drupal (5.7) site.  It's hard to say when this arose, since we don't use
these features much.

The problem was discovered when my boss tried to email an OG group, as
she sometimes does, and after clicking "Send email" was taken to "Page
not found".  Further testing demonstrates this is also a problem sending
emails via user pages and the site-wide contact form.  Actual receipt of
sent emails appears to be intermittent, which doesn't help.  The "Page
not found" error, however, is 100% consistent.  The only evidence in the
Log appears to be the 500.shtml "page not found" notification with a URL
such as ".../user/3/contact
<http://www.t4tcolorado.org/user/3/contact>".  The logged URL works
until the email form is submitted.

As we don't use this feature often, it's possible this occurred when I
moved from 5.5 to 5.7 and it wasn't noticed.  That said, I'm not even
sure where to look.  Thanks for any pointers,

Brian