[support] moving field in type of content

Jim Smith jsmith at wate.com
Fri Jan 4 14:01:57 UTC 2008

It's possible that I'm not understanding what you want to do, but let me take a crack at this. My answer would be yes, you can move fields around by setting the weight of the fields. However, I can only give you a partial answer on how to do it.

There's a default weight for the Title and Body of a content type. I don't know how to change those, but perhaps someone smarter than me can help you there. But that may not be needed if you're adding one or more a CCK fields to the content type.

Here's why: When you add a CCK field to your content time, you can change its weight by going to /admin/content/types/your-content-type/fields. Although you can't change the weight of Title and Body here, you can change the weight of the fields you've added, which gives you the flexibility of moving them above or below the Title and Body. Also, if you erase the word Body in /admin/content/types/your-content-type, you remove that field type. They you're free to create a new one that can have it's own weight.

If you want to change the weight of the taxonomy field, it is set on the page for editing the vocabulary. In other words, if I want to change the weight of vocabulary 12, I would go to /admin/content/taxonomy/edit/vocabulary/12.

jns