[support] Import HTML Module

Tom Holmes Jr. tom at tomholmes.net
Tue Jan 8 18:31:05 UTC 2008

This may not be the right place to ask since it might be a PHP based
question.
But I got PHP 5.2.5 compiled and working as you know, and I recently
managed to get PHP HTML Tidy to work as well.
The "Import HTML Module" recognizes HTML Tidy as a latest build and I
was ready to import data.
However, I got an error saying that the XML and XSL modules weren't
available.
The same issues can be found at:   http://drupal.org/node/147469
which is the exact same issue.
That also let me me to link:   http://drupal.org/node/146679

Both of these links refer to C:\php\ext not being in the path name ....
but I am in OpenSuse 10.3 Linux, not windows.
I double-checked and made sure that NO php4 or php5 was installed with
OpenSuse.
The only PHP5 is the one I downloaded and compiled on the system.

When I call test.php which calls <?php phpinfo() ?> I get the same
information as from:  http://drupal.org/node/147469
So, Apache is telling me that it sees all these modules for Tidy, XML,
XSL, DOM, etc.
According to phpinfo(), the php.ini is supposed to be in /usr/local/lib
... but it is not there ....
According to phpinfo(), the extensions should be:
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/  and this directory does not exist.

I should say that I installed php 5.2.5 in /opt/php-5.2.5 and that is
where I compiled the source.
I don't believe I used the --PREFIX option to compile this anywhere else?

So .... how do I fix this?    Did I compile my php in the wrong place?
Should I re-compile it again?
Should I remove the source of php 5.2.5 and use the one that came with
OpenSuse?

It's def. not as easy and fixing the path in windows to include:
c:\php and c:\php\ext

Thanks!
                           Tom