[support] File folder outside webfolder

Marolijo - Pol maresma marolijo at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 9 17:00:49 UTC 2008

Hello, I need to put System File as private an place the files folder
outside /.
The webfolder full route is like /srv/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs
I first created the folder files at the same level as httdocs and assigned
the same owner as the original files folder, and changed the permissions to
777

I tried ../files
I tries the full route /srv/www/vhosts/domain.com/files

All without luck, Drupal tells me the folder doesn't exists. Any idea?
I'm on a dedicated server with root access.

Thank's for all!
Pol Maresma