[support] session and users: different access methods

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Jan 15 11:24:46 UTC 2008

Hi,

There is a session property in the user object (even anonymous) but
it seems that all session operations are carried through assignment to
the $_SESSION array.

I was wondering if I miss some API function to use the $user->session.

I understand that access through the $user object is a way to change
sessions of *other* users but I couldn't see any function doing so
and if there are any support function in core to unserialise,
change, serialise, save into the $user->session column.

At this moment I really don't need to change the session content of
other users... so it looks like that accessing the $_SESSION array is
what I need, but it doesn't make me feel comfort to see there are not
homogeneous path to access the same stuff and I'm wondering if it is
a sign I miss something.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo