[support] Premium Content Search Question

Fred Jones fredthejonester at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 18:16:15 UTC 2008

I am building a site with premium content, meaning only paid members can
  read content in our archive. Anonymous users can search the full
database, to determine if the information they want is there. For the
search results, the boss wants to show:

The first 150 words of the relevant paragraph, like Google Scholar works.

I am uncertain how to achieve this. Seems like modifying function
search_excerpt in search.module might do this, but I'm not sure if this
is the correct approach.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.