[support] custom theming a views field

Joe Murray joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz
Thu Jan 17 20:13:23 UTC 2008

I have a Drupal 5 cck type with a large text field that is not often
populated. The column for that field in a view could have a link to view the
node, and include the text in the field in a tooltip if it is non-blank, and
otherwise not display anything to the user.

I think to implement this I want to provide custom theming of the field in
views that will be invoked by theme_get_function
<http://api.drupal.org/api/function/theme_get_function/5> : something along
the lines of function tablename_fieldname(). Could anyone point me in the
direction of code that does this kind of theming?

Thanks,

Joe Murray, PhD

President, JMA Consulting

@ The Centre for Social Innovation

215 Spadina Ave, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada  M5T 2C7

416.466.1281

 <mailto:joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz> joe.murray at jmaconsulting.biz

Skype: josephpmurray