[support] $scripts Vs drupal_get_js()

Ronald Ashri ronald at istos.it
Fri Jan 18 09:38:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a strange situation in Drupal 5.6

If I use the following:

<?php
   drupal_add_js(
     '$(document).ready(function(){
     $("p").fadeIn("slow");
     });',
     'inline');
?>

This does not get added to the header automatically.

If I add:

print drupal_get_js() it then inserts all the scripts at the point
where it finds the code (just after body) in page.tpl.php

The only solution is to substitute print $scripts with print
$drupal_get_js() in the head section.

Now I don't mind doing that put it would be good to know why this
does not work or if anyone else encountered this.

This is a clean Drupal 5.6 installation with the Garland theme...

Best,

Ronald