[support] Applying drupal access control to PDF documents.

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Jan 28 00:13:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 5:00 PM, Roy Smith wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that looks pretty close.  The only hitch I can see is that I'm
>> using a web hosting service, so I don't have direct control over the
>> apache server.  I need to find out if they're running mod_auth_sql,
>> or if they can be convinced to install it.
>
> Sigh, it turns out they don't support it.  Back to the drawing board
> (or I suppose hunt for a better hosting service).

It would seem I left out the third possibility, which is to ask the
web hosting company if they would be willing to install
mod_auth_sql.  They were, they did, and it works great.  This is
exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks!

OBTW, I'm using http://u2-web.com/.  I'm new to this webhosting game,
so I don't have anything to compare them to, but so far they seem
very responsive and technically savvy.  I'm a happy camper.

roy at panix.com