[support] Changing CSS does not affect display of calendar- CSS aggregation is off

Nick Fankhauser nick at fankhausers.com
Mon Jan 28 02:03:34 UTC 2008

Hi-

I'm very new to drupal and my css knowledge is basic, but I think I've eliminated the obvious...

I just installed the the modules required to display a calendar. When I look at the output, I've got a calendar but there are no borders between the days.

My goal is a display similar to this:
http://www.elderweb.com/demo/calendar

But what I'm getting is this:
http://www.fankhausers.com/dems/home/?q=calendar

So... I looked in my sites/all/modules/calendar/directory and started changing the css to see if I could get borders around the "day cells". However, nothing I did seemed to change the display. When the borders didn't change, I tried some easier changes like setting all of the colors to red with no results. Then in desperation, I renamed calendar.css to calendar.sav and reloaded. Again, no change. It is as if the css that is actually being used is somewhere else or cached.

I'm clearing the browser cache on my reloads.

I've checked the performance management area to make sure css aggregation is disabled.

When I look at the page source, it seems to be referring to the file I've been editing. The only thing I can see odd is that the css is included twice, and the path on one of the includes has a stray "./" in it, but I can't see how either would cause my problem. Here's the head section of the page:

  <head>
    <title>Calendar | Union County Democrats</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/dems/home/misc/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

    <!--[if lt IE 7]>
    <![endif]-->
  </head>

Any thoughts on what I should try next?